Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The BIG 1-0

My first born niece, Demmi was born 10 years ago on February 25, 2002. We celebrated on Saturday with a big party at WOGA Gymnastics. I still remember the day that Andrea had Demmi. She went into the hospital (overdue) and was induced early in the morning. I came home from Austin for the weekend, so I could be there for her arrival. My mom and I were at the hospital and Andrea's doctor said it was going to be awhile, so we went home to take a quick nap. Little did we know, that Miss Demmi was ready to make her grand entrance.... We barely made it back to the hospital after her arrival.   
Birthday Girl
Demmi's cake with homemade cake topper

I always make the goodie bags for Demmi's birthday party, and after spending a small fortune on plastic toys and candy last year, I decided we were going to do something different this year. Demmi chose Monster High as the theme for her party this year and of course there is NOTHING in the store that you can buy with that theme... so, I had to get crafty. I found these GREAT Monster High Cake pops (the big thing right now) on-line. I ordered those, but I made everything else.  (I ordered the cake pops here: http://jessicakesproject.blogspot.com/2011/12/monster-high-cake-pops.html )


We had a GREAT time celebrating Demmi's BIG 10th birthday. We are so proud of her for growing into such a smart, beautiful, caring little lady. Happy Birthday Demmi. We LOVE you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment