Monday, February 3, 2014

HOUSTON- Sub 2

Well, I finally did it! I set a goal for myself to run a half marathon in under two hours, shortly after Ashley was born. Unfortunately, the last 3 races, I've come just short at: 2:04, 2:03 and yes, 2:02. So, close, but so far.. I planned on running the Dallas Marathon again this year supporting Scottish Rite and I felt really ready to beat the 2 hour mark. However, due to a major ice storm, the race was cancelled. Not to worry... I was registered to run the Houston half in January with a group of good running friends. We took a girls' road trip to Houston, and guess what.....?????? I DID IT! 1:57, in fact. Believe it or not, that's 5 minutes faster than my last PR. Picking up 5 minutes is a big deal! It was a perfect race day with clear skies, no wind, and perfect temps. The course was really flat, which I loved and the crowds were great! Hopefully we will run it again next year! Check Sub 2 off my bucket list!



No comments:

Post a Comment