Thursday, November 24, 2011

My BFF

Ok, I'm going to get a little mushy here...
Today is Thanksgiving, and I was sitting here thinking about all that I have to be thankful for this year. It goes without saying, that I thank God for giving all of us our beautiful Ashley. Even with an extremely stressful pregnancy, and the challenges that we have faced, I am just so thankful that she is in our life.

In addition, it just occurred to me that it has been almost 20 years (18 if I do my math right :) ) since Kelly and I became friends. It was Thanksgiving break of 7th grade, and Kelly just returned home from getting stitches in her head because a firewood log was dropped on her head by her neighbor. Anyways, ever since we hung out that day, we have been the BEST of friends. We have been through ups and downs, happy and sad, good and bad, and even lived hundreds of miles apart during college, and our friendship has never waivered. We saw each other graduate from college (UT & Tech) and also saw each other graduate with our Master's Degrees! She was the first to hear about my engagement to Alex, stood by my side in our wedding, supported me through a very stressful pregnancy, and was the first to walk in my hospital room after Ashley was born. Kelly, thanks for always being there for me and I am so thankful for you!. Love ya Kel.





No comments:

Post a Comment