Our little girl finally arrived on 8-18-2011 at 10:45 pm. I was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday night and we started the pitocin on Thursday morning around 6am. The morning was pretty uneventful, but the contractions started right away with very little pain. However, my doctor came in around 12:30pm and broke my water and that's when the PAIN started. Cheryl came to visit shortly after the painful contractions started, so she and Alex helped me breathe through them for a LONG hour and a half. Finally, the anesthesiologist came in to give me the epidural. :) I really wasn't prepared for that type of pain! I don't know how people go through labor without an epidural... The rest of the afternoon, we had family and friends visiting, which was fun! Finally, around 8:00pm Alex and I decided that we were going to spend some time alone together and rest-up for the arrival of our girl. Around 9:45pm, our nurse finally gave us the news that I was at 10cm! Finally!! Dr. Licker arrived around 10:00pm and we were ready to go.... except that my contractions slowed down to 6 minutes apart, so it took about an hour. I had so many feelings and emotions come over me when she finally arrived. When my Dr. put her on my chest, Alex took one look at her and said that she looked like an Ashley, so that's what we decided to name her... Ashley Carmen Laclette weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. (BTW- my dr. couldn't believe that I had a 7 lb baby!) and was 19.5 inches long. That's a pretty big baby for a small mamma! Our room was filled with family and friends soon after Ashley arrived. It was such a special night, that I will NEVER forget.
Our precious baby girl is finally here!
![]() |
| My Dr. |
Thanks Jocelyn & Chris for coming to the hospital to visit and take these GREAT pictures!











No comments:
Post a Comment